Requirements for Studying at HSBI

In order to be able to study at HSBI, you need a university entrance qualification that is valid for studying in Germany. You can check for yourself whether the qualification you have obtained in your country of origin is sufficient to directly start studying, by using the “Anabin” database.

Also, for the study programmes of HSBI, you will have to provide proof of your German-language skills in the form of an accepted language certificate. You will find an overview of these here.

An exception is made by Faculty of Designand Art with its study programme “Design” and its fields of study “Photography and Visual Media”, “Communication Design”, “Fashion” and “Digital Media and Experiment”. Here, you will only need proof of a level of B2 (CEFR) in German. A list of the language certificates that are accepted for this study programme can also be found in the aforementioned overview.

The German Standing Conference of the Ministers of Education and Cultural Affairs (KMK) has changed the Framework for German Language Examinations for studying at German universities in November 2015. Consequently, the language certificate “telc Deutsch Hochschule C1” will be recognised, among others, from now on.